Sassy Roasted Chicken
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 5-6 lb whole chicken, rinsed and cavity cleared and cleaned out.
- 1 cup celery, large dice
- 1 small onion, large dice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon himilayan salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- Kitchen Twine
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- 2. Rub salt, pepper, and coconut oil all over the chicken in between the skin and breast, and inside the cavity.
- 3.Place celery, onion, garlic, and lemon inside cavity. Pour 1 tablespoon of bragg’s inside cavity.
- 4. With the breast side down, tie the legs of the chicken together with the twine, criss cross the twine over the chicken, wrap it around the wings, criss cross back again to tie around the legs.
- 5. Place chicken on the roasting pan breast side down. Pour the remainder of Bragg’s over the chicken.
- 6. Roast for 15 min at 425. After the 15 minutes drop the temperature to 375 and roast for another 50 minutes.
Delicious comfort food with Sassy Chef Heather Larican
Sassy Chef Heather believes in taking risks in the kitchen – experimenting with both traditional and non-traditional ingredients to create works of art that not only look beautiful on your ...Read more about this chef..
We’re thrilled to provide Fair Oaks Ranch with our signature brand of: Freshealthy©, Nutrient Dense, Conveniently Delivered, and always Gourmet meals.
Maintaining a nutrient-dense diet is critically important for older adults.
Please take a moment to look through our menu.
We trust you will savor each dish and look forward to your feedback regarding your favorite dishes and requests for future meals.